IMMEDIATE JOB OPENINGS IN PORTLAND & VANCOUVER
CNC MACHINIST - OPERATOR
PORTLAND METRO, OR | Temp-to-Hire
Location: Sherwood, OR
Machine Shop in Sherwood is seeking CNC Machinist that can plan and perform a variety of machine operations utilizing CNC machining centers to cut, shape, or form metal work pieces to specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Interprets complicated drawings, program sheets, instructions, and process sheets to determine work to be done.
* Performs diversified operations on CNC machining centers.
* Performs a variety of milling, drilling, boring, or related operations to close and interrelated tolerances.
* Reviews setup sheet and specifications to determine machining sequence and dimensions of finished workpiece.
* Attaches fixture to machine bed and positions and secures work piece in fixture according to setup instructions.
* Selects and installs cutting tools in machine spindle or magazine.
* Loads control media such as; disk, tape, or punch card in machine control console or enters commands to retrieve preprogrammed machine instructions from database.
* Manipulates controls and enters commands to index cutting tool to specified set point and to start machine.
* Observes and listens to machine operation to detect malfunctions such as; worn or damaged cutting tools.
* Changes cutting tools and location of work piece during machining process as specified in setup instructions.
* Performs a variety of inspection and gauging operations to insure maintenance of quality standards and specifications.
* Measures work piece for conformance to specifications.
If interested, please text your name and the word JOB to 971-470-7175.