IMMEDIATE JOB OPENINGS IN PORTLAND & VANCOUVER
HEAVY EQUIPMENT MECHANIC
PORTLAND METRO, OR | Temp-to-Hire
* Perform Heavy Equipment mechanic duties adhering to areas of service, quality and goals. This includes ownership for downtime and accountability for timely availability of the equipment.
* Adhere to performance and safety standards in all areas of the shop.
* Enhance service department and organization`s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* Knowledge of both gas and diesel engines
* Must be familiar with heavy equipment repair and maintenance, including OSHA regulations
* Knowledge of Construction equipment required including transmissions, engines, fuel systems, hydraulics, brake systems (hydraulic, and pnuematic)and electrical systems
* Must have ability to read, understand, and interpret electrical and hydraulic schematics and manufacturer written service manuals
* Must be able to troubleshoot breakdowns and diagnose issues
* Strong analytical skills
* Must have strong attention to detail, and sense of urgency
* Work in extreme weather conditions
* Initiative and willingness to work overtime when needed.
* Operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
* Communicate effectively with manager, co-workers, and clients
* Works well independently and as a member of a team.
* Work from job information
* Log in detailed work completed
* PM All Heavy Equipment and Road Vehicles
* Retrieve needed part(s) from warehouse
Specific Job Skills:
* Must have all basic tools up to 11/4"
* Must have the ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
* 2 -- 4 years of experience
* Must be able to frequently stand, stoop, crawl, bend, reach, and climb
* Strong troubleshooting skills in pneumatics, hydraulics, 12 and 24 volt electrical systems and Diesel and Gas Engines
* Able to operate: forklifts, side loaders, mobile cranes, vehicles, small engines, drills, hand and bench grinders, torches, and hand tools
* After employment, will obtain Gunderson weld certification (stick and wire), Gunderson forklift certification, fire extinguisher license, ariel man lift and fall protection training
Required Education and/or Experience:
* Diesel Engine and Gas Engine Experience or Training