IMMEDIATE JOB OPENINGS IN PORTLAND & VANCOUVER
PORTLAND METRO, OR | Temp-to-Hire
We have a company located in Portland 97220 seeking a Maintenance Mechanic for their facility. Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
* Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
* Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
* Cleans machine components to remove grime buildup, lubricates shafts, bearings, gears and other parts of machinery.
* Ensures that preventive maintenance is performed on equipment. Tracks and reports discrepancies.
* Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
* Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
* Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
* Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill, and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools. Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
* Fabricates and repairs counters, benches, partitions, and other wooden structures.
* Continuously strives to improve safety, quality and productivity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
If interested, please text your name and the word JOB to 971-470-7175.