Madden Industrial Craftsmen is seeking Maintenance Mechanic for a food processing plant located in Hillsboro, Oregon. This position installs, maintains, and repairs machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic systems, conveyor systems, production machines and equipment, physical structures and pipe systems in the food processing plant and other company owned facilities.
* Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment. Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discuss machine operation variations with Production Supervisors and/or maintenance employees to diagnose problem or repair machine.
* This position is required to support all HACCP, Food Safety, Food Defense and Quality Assurance regulations and programs by supporting the efforts of the HACCP Committee and Quality Assurance Committee. This position is required to follow all procedures, complete required reports/documents and follow up on all processes and projects assigned.
* Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts. Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery. Prepares bottling lines for next day operation by setting up hoppers, fillers, coding and labeling machinery.
* Repairs and maintains physical structure of plant and other facilities, including painting, roof repair, floor repair, and installing doors, locks, windows, wallboard and wallpaper.
* Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill, and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools.
* Operates cutting torch, plasma torch, and welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
* Builds and repairs counters, benches, partitions, and other wooden structures.
* Performs duties as stated/assigned in the M-Pulse operating system.
* Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of GMPs and Allergen programs, HACCP, Food Safety, Food Defense, Quality Assurance, Hazard Communication, Hearing Conservation, Lock-Out/Tag-Out, Forklift & Aerial Lift programs, Sanitation programs and all other relevant safety procedures. Participates in plant sanitation projects, mandatory training and overtime work.