IMMEDIATE JOB OPENINGS IN PORTLAND & VANCOUVER
MECHANIC - DIESEL
PORTLAND METRO, OR | Temp-to-Hire
1. Able to repair and maintain repair and light trucks, loaders, trailers, forklifts and other wheeled vehicles.
2. Keep equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules, install and repair components and systems, manage wear and corrosion, and complete seasonal procedures.
3. Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests to identify worn and damaged parts.
4. Correct vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems.
5. Make adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
6. Comply with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, brake, safety, and combustion control standards.
7. Maintain vehicle appearance through cleaning, washing, and painting.
8. Maintain vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
9. Keep shop equipment in good repair by following operating instruction, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, and performing preventive maintenance.
10. Contain costs by using warranty, and evaluating service and parts options.
11. Keep supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipt.
12. Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, and reading technical and regulation publications.
*If interested, please TEXT 971-470-7175 with your name and the job you are interested in.
2. Drug Screen and Background Check
3. Reliable transportation
4. 2+ years current experience as a Diesel truck/equipment mechanic
5. Own tools
6. Great attitude
7. Safety conscious
8. Attention to detail
9. Team player that doesn't mind cross training into other areas, such as forklifts, and cat equipment, loaders etc
10. On time