IMMEDIATE JOB OPENINGS IN PORTLAND & VANCOUVER
NDT INSPECTION TECHNICIAN
PORTLAND METRO, OR | Temp/Hire
NDT Inspection Technician
Madden Industrial Craftsmen is seeking a NDT Inspection Technician for a foundry in Portland. The inspection tech will test and qualify castings measuring critical part dimensions using hand-held instruments and gauges.
Responsibilities of the NDT Inspection Tech:
- Test and qualify castings measuring critical part dimensions using hand-held instruments and gauges.
- Use pendant controlled crane to lift and position small parts onto tables, floor pallets, etc.
- Use measuring instruments and wooden and metal gages (templates and "go/no-go" gages).
- Use hand-held dimensional measuring equipment, such as calipers, rulers, height gages, micrometers, protractor, compass, digital angles
- Use overhead pendant controlled crane, Yoke, King BHN, Pin BHN, Eqoutip, hammers, and grinders, industrial saw and grinding.
- Recognize and resolve unsafe working conditions
Compensation of the NDT Inspection Tech:
- Excellent Union benefits
Hours Worked: 40+
Shifts: Days, Swing, or Graveyard
Requirements of the NDT Inspection Tech:
- 3+ years NDT Inspection experience and certification
- A thorough understanding of the materials, equipment, documentation, and processes required to qualify castings
- Math Skills: good math skills will help inspection technicians understand complex instructions.
- Problem Solving Skills: inspection technicians will need to know how to increase output and how to fix errors.
- Analytical Skills: read and understand blueprints, schematics, models and other specifications.
- Stamina: inspection technicians often work often work long hours doing repetitive movements.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and HP
Other helpful Training Courses:
Blue Print reading
If interested, please text your name and the word JOB to 971-470-7175.