Madden Industrial Craftsmen is looking for a qualified Engineering Test Technician for our client in NE Portland. This position plays an important role in the validation of all new products. This individual interacts with all aspects of the organization including: design, test, marketing, manufacturing, and procurement to ensure delivery of quality lift trucks that meet customer requirements and acceptance. Join our team and take forklift research, development, and testing to the next level.
- Assemble, disassemble, and modify lift trucks and subsystems for instrumentation and testing
- Perform light fabrication (sheet metal, welding, machining, etc.) to support prototype testing and instrumentation needs
- Install various instrumentation including load, pressure, and displacement transducers to vehicle components
- Prepare and install strain gauges for vehicle testing
- Perform data acquisition, processing, and analysis
- Communicate data analysis and test results through both verbal and written reports
- Perform material laboratory tasks including mounting and polishing samples, hardness testing, microscopy, and test frame operation