As a resourceful, hands-on Trailer Mechanic, you will be responsible for diagnosing and repairing medium to heavy-duty trailers with minimal supervision; including preventative maintenance, inspections and repairs, air and hydraulic brake repairs, suspension and electrical systems troubleshooting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine trailer condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests and identifying worn and damaged parts
- Keep equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; install component and part upgrades; control corrosion
- Correct vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts or systems, such as brakes, steering, hydraulics, make adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, valve mechanisms and governors.
- Verify vehicle performance by conducting test drives, adjusting controls and systems
- Comply with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety and combustion control standards
- Maintain vehicle records by annotating services and repairs
- Keep shop equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance and calling for repairs
We offer unprecedented benefits to our employees. In addition to a fantastic salary of up to $40, 000 annually, based on experience, we offer:
- Excellent career path
- Healthcare plan
- Long-term and short-term disability
- Paid holidays
- Life insurance